Sunday, November 06, 2005

Karate In Aberdeen Peterhead and Fraserburgh

I’m really proud of my two children who attained another grade of karate belt last week. They are taught by karate Sensei Mark (5th Dan) and Libby (4th Dan) Donaghy who teach at Aberdeen, Peterhead and Fraserburgh.

The two karate kids have only been doing it for about 18 months and have sailed through several belts. It’s given them great fun, discipline and more muscles – gonnae have to watch myself - the wee lass already wacks a big punch if I annoy her! It’s costly too – I have to pay them a tenner award each time they pass a grading! Fortunately it’s a really cheap sport – only £3 a lesson.

Mark is such a great tutor – he makes each class such fun for the children whilst teaching them the disciplines and moves of Shi-Gaku-Kan Shotogun Karate. They play games such as having to run from one end of the hall to the other without being caught by the instructors – if caught they get to beat up the instructor using karate moves – the kids love it. I love it because it burns off all their energy, giving them a real skill and they’ve made loads of friends.



Chris